What I Mean When I Say I’m Sex Negative
- that sex positive feminism has little room for survivors of assault
- that sex positive feminism has little interest in helping people who don’t want their sex-life to be a coping mechanism from trauma
- that sex positive feminism prioritizes individual pleasure over critical thinking skills
- that sex positive feminism should be critiqued!
- that not all “kinks” are okay
- that people are allowed to not be interested in hearing about your sex life
- that people are allowed to not enjoy sex
- that people are allowed to be scared of sex
- that no one needs to have or enjoy sex to prove how empowered they are
What I Don’t Mean
- I’m going to yell at individual adults who have consensual sex.
- I’m anti-sex
- I’m anti-kink
- I’m against coping mechanisms and survival
To add a few of my own as a sex negative sex worker:
- that sex positive feminism tends to glorify sex work and in doing so silences sex workers when we speak out about the problems with sex work that sex posi feminists don’t talk about
- sex posi feminism perpetuates seemingly good stereotypes about sex work but ends up harming sex workers
- sex posi feminism prioritizes aspects of sex work that are supposed to be the “better” parts of it without understanding outside oppressive forces (see: having orgasms at work is great!)
- sex posi feminism tends to ignore outside oppressive forces in general like racism, transphobia, classism, etc.
i have my first exam tomorrow and my next one two days after and then next week i have two on the same day and then my last one two days after that sigh
it’s going to be way more fun to look back and say that i was absolutely swayed by fashion trends than it would be to look back and not
i really love the drop/beat in dark horse and i want someone to sample it/remix it into a good song but literally all the remixes ive listened to keep everything EXCEPT the drop like theyll build up to it and then put a different drop in?? like no thats the only reason i listened to this!!!